I am a huge fan of eating baked goods, anyone else?! Banana bread is something I just started to enjoy, because of texture and now I am in love! Everyone needs a good banana bread recipe in their stack. You know for all of those bananas that we throw in the freezer or away!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed ripe bananas (you can add extra)
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour (I use whole wheat flour only)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and either grease and flour or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a kitchen mixer (either hand-held or stand), beat (on medium-high setting) the butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, and beat again for about 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the bananas and beat again until fully incorporated.
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave, heat the milk until it just boils. Add the baking soda to the milk: caution, it will foam so make sure your cup or pan can accommodate it! Add this to the batter along with the baking powder, salt and flour, and beat for another 1 minute until evenly mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl again with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the nuts if using.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Recipe originally from Fraiche Nutrition.